Friday, June 22, 2012

Thank god it's Friday!!!



There is a sneaky thief at large in my life. He(yes, I am darn sure it is a he. No, I don't have any specific reason, I just know, okay?!?) stole my energy. He stole our summer and now he's broken my washing machine. In the middle of a load of laundry. Don't you just love when that happens? Why does the washing machine always break when there is a lot of water inside that it refuses to empty?!? Naturally I called hubby after I had tried to switch programs and had fooled around with it for a bit without any success.

1st phonecall
Me: The washing machine broke
Runar: Pull out the plug and wait a bit, put it back in and restart it.

2nd phone call
Me: Didn't help
Runar: Perhaps there is something stuck in the filter.
Me: Yes, that is very likely as Simen had a pocket full of nails and screws in that pair of pants I washed yesterday.
Runar: ...
Me: I picked up every one I found when it was finished. I also turned the drum and it didn't make any screeching noises.
Runar: ..

Typical. The one time you decide to take a chance and not check the boys' pockets for things that doesn't belong in a washing machine, you get caught. Wet handed, so to speak. Ack! Should I make the boys wear pants that don't have pockets?

Actually, when i think about it, it may not be a thief. At least not an ordinary thief. Ordinary thieves don't steal summers. I bet it's that dratted imp again
He's got a D over his head for 'Douchebag'. I hatez his guts!

I need a thief-repellent, or an imp-repellent. Anyone knows about a good one?

 Anyways,


 Have a fantabulous weekend, guys

PS! What is a wine slushie and how do I make it? I have a hunch I will need it tonight. It's raining cats and dogs, it's cold,  but I don't care. I have a feeling I'll be able to not only imagine, but feel the summer heat when I have drunk enough of those things

PPS!....or is it more an eating of, than drinking of?

PPPS! If you're coming to get me, please take me to a funny farm on a tropical island where they serve wine slushies. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Our dryer needs to be fixed... which is why we are cleaning out the garage this weekend. It squeaks something terrible when you put more than 1/2 a load of clothes in it. I blame myself for overloading it constantly for years. *sigh* I think we'll start hanging more laundry soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, yeah, I tend to overload both washing machine and dryer. Although I made sure we bought the types that are supposed to take big loads, I should probably reduce my loads by 1/3 or something.

    I have a new clothes rack - the umbrella kind like this one ( http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HuGPjdx5vpI/Txibi0wu0GI/AAAAAAAABH8/F6R1q5WU64w/s1600/002-2.JPG ) 3 years ago, but it hasn't gotten out of the shed yet. I offered to just put it up myself, but apparently you need to fill the hole with cement unless I wanted a clothes-rack-kite flying around the entire neighbourhood

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think for a wine slushie, you could just freeze it in a freezer-safe container - it won't freeze totally so you can then mush up the results and tada! wine slushie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, I like that idea a lot better than how Bloggess said she made them with an icecone machine. She makes slush and then just pour wine over.

    I don't have an ice cone machine. Well, I do, I got a snoopy one from my mom in Ohio, but it takes forever and a half to even cover the bottom of a glass =/

    ReplyDelete