Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Rolling up sleeves!

Exciting times ahead! Work training is starting next Monday, well the first 4 weeks will be classes and excursions, next 8 will be working at some local comp. Good thing is that they provide a bus, so instead of a one hour walk, it’ll just be a 10 min. walk. Hard thing is that it’s every day. I really, truly, desperately hope my body can cope. I want to complete, I want to be able to work at least part time, I believe I still have something to give.

I’ve started knitting. Woolen socks. Jada! My daughter wanted the first pair and demanded to choose yarn – of course she wanted a fairly thin 70% wool yarn that makes it a lot longer to knit, but Dog Gone it! I will get them done!

I’ve reached the part where you are supposed to turn the heel. I read and re-read the instructions about 10 times and it was still like reading Greek until I got a link from Sue showing a video of it being done and it helped A LOT, the instructions appear more like German gibberish now XP

I haven’t quit smoking yet. I’ve cut my smoking by more than half and the knitting is quite useful doing that and it isn't all that hard either. I am working on habits, or breaking them. The previous attempts at quitting have left me so tense and strung up, because I fooled myself into believing I could only sit down and relax if I had a smoke and a cup of coffee. I end up driving everybody else crazy by running around constantly having to do something until hubby is begging me to start smoking again….Now I go somewhere else to smoke when I need to, but the relaxing and sitting comfty with a cup of coffee is done without any smoke. Will it work? Time will show[in strong Norwegian accent]

Temps have gone up…well, they have risen to just around 30 F (-2 to 1 C) and I need to start talking walks again. It’s amazing how hard it is to get started again after 3 weeks of only walking to the store and back, irregularly I might add. But it’s one of those things I don’t really have a choice in. I can’t afford not to, simple as that. Besides after a week it becomes a habit I don’t need to think about anymore, it’ll become something you just do without really thinking about it. Working out/karate has always been like that for me. Starting up after summer vacation was a bitch when I was 16, it was a bitch when I was 25, when I was 35 and it still is. Soon as that first week has passed, it’s alright and you feel lousy when you miss out a day.

…wish it was like that with smoking. I’ve two friends who’ve quit and have been non-smokers for years, one says that I’ll be moody and feel like shit for 3-4 months, but then it gets better. The other still says she miss smoking every single day, but her stubbornness prevails the urge to light one…she quit 5 years ago.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you're good! Knitting, starting the work thing, going for walks, working on breaking habits. I'm impressed.

    I'm trying to break habits too. It ain't working out too well. Hehe.

    When I quit smoking for 1,5 years, I didn't really have many problems. After the first few months I didn't want smoke, except sometimes when I drank, but it passed quickly. I was a nitwit to start again. i regret it every day.

    I love that it's a bit milder in te weather now. And today it's sunny as well! Wohoo! But they say it'll get colder again. I hope "they" are wrong.

    Also; red on black = HARD TO READ. I have to "select" all our text to be able to read your blog. Stupid NON-visually impaired person.

    Hope you're doing okay! Good luck with the knitting. And the work-trainy thingie. And everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *THE weather and *YOUR text. Probably more spelling errors too. Too lazy to go through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kris. I gave in and spent some time trying to change layouts....as I truly stink at this, I am not sure if it got any better


    oh, UPDATE on the knitting - The heel is now rounded and done -beams proudly-

    ReplyDelete