Monday, January 3, 2011

End of year meme - Stolen from Countess and Courtney


1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Wedding celebration in London.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I only had 1 and that was quit smoking. I failed.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I got two great nephews and a third one is due this year 

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, lost my least favorite aunt to cancer and my favorite ‘almost-aunt’ to old age.

5. What countries did you visit?
England and Denmark

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Better health, insurance money and less family drama

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There are 3 dates and those are the days I passed my three exams – which was pretty fucking ninja, for me.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Well, I did pass the exams, but as with Court, I think not having a nervous breakdown is my biggest achievement 

9. What was your biggest failure?
not managing to quit smoking

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, I’m full of inflammations and pain etc and so on. Blah

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I am starting to believe that the new TV is the best buy of 2010

(I don't know what happened to ## 12 and 13, just copying and pasting here)
14. Where did most of your money go?
Debt (mortgage). Bills. Electricity and municipal taxes went up drastically and this year looks no better.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
that the local GE Health plant bosses found my translation work good enough to give me a long term deal

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
I’m not sure any of the 2010 songs really awed me, but both Lady Gaga’s Bad Romance and Eminem and Rihanna’s I love the way you lie  got stuck on my mind for a period

Compared to this time last year, are you:

17. Thinner or fatter?

Probably same weight, but I’ve lost more muscle mass which is a big no-no in my book

18. Richer or poorer?
Poorer.  But this will hopefully change to the better soon. Talked to my insurance guy and it seems I am owed some disablement compensation from 2007 and forth. Huzzah!

19. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Written more weird short stories, taken some Cara-time off all by meself to recharge batteries.

20. What do you wish you'd done less of?
getting stressed out by caseworkers and other stupid besserwissers

21. How did you spend Christmas?
Spent the 24th at home having 10 guests for Christmas dinner. The 25th was spent at my sister’s house, the 26th at my brother-in-law’s house. My daughter came home the 19th and her bf came the 27th and stayed until yesterday when they both left. Christmas was mostly nice, but there were a few panic attacks and arguments that needed sorting out.

22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Runar is trying hard at doing better, I love him for that.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
True Blood,  Deadliest Catch(I just love those guys)

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, I think I hated my caseworkers then too…

26. What was the best book you read?
I had my first experience with R.A.Salvatore this year which was nice. I also discovered an Irish Children’s book author Derek Landy and his  series Sculduggery Pleasant  Insanely funny read! Just found out they are working on a movie too and I’m crossing fingers they’ll avoid butchering the feel of the novels.


27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t think I had any.

28. What did you want and get?
Translation work

29. What did you want and not get?
Work-disablement - officially

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Since I haven’t seen Harry Potter Deathly Hallows 1 yet, I’ll have to go with “Tomme Tønner” (Norwegian crazy comedy) and Valhalla rising - yes it was pitch black and darker than night, but, that whole era was exactly that!


31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I baked cake for visitors and I was 41 -_- gosh I’m getting old

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
getting my work-disablement settled

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
non-existent

34. What kept you sane?
you guys, TB forum and entertaining audiobooks I could escape into

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None... but I keep updated on the Deadliest Catch crews :P

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
They have messed up our health and welfare care more than ever.

37. Who did you miss?
It was an ambiguous experience to have my daughter move out.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
I think it was my mentor who helped me with work training and caseworkers, he is a genuine good person.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
prejudice will often win over facts - sadly

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a child, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm your health, I'm your dream
I'm nothing in between
You know you wouldn't want it any other way

1 comment:

  1. Edit for #27: I discovered Mumford and Son and it was their song The Cave that got me
    "http://www.youtube.com

    ReplyDelete