I knitted my first pair of socks. It escalated and I think I've knitted more than 20 pairs and a friend will start selling them on her site
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Some, but I didn't quit smoking. This is so hopelessly stupid. I know I in particular should have quit years ago. Doctors have specifically told me that my lungs are permanently damaged and that continuing smoking will see me die in a slow agonizing way. I can't afford it either. It's like my self-harm weapon or something and I'm so ashamed
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my nephew had his first son and Lorin her first daughter =)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None, not even Denmark
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Some luck? Determination to do what I need to do
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 28th - my dad had a stroke and nearly died. It made me realize just how much I love him and need him in my life.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Managed to remain[Edit: maintain...sometimes I get lost in translation) my sanity - more or less- through all the crazy madness that happened this year
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not quitting smoking
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new laptop
12. Were you satisfied by your sex life?
13. Did you read enough books?
Yes, I've read some great books this year and I've gotten 4 books signed by some of my favorite authors. Wee
14. Where did most of your money go?
Debts and bills and car repairs. No vacations or nights on the town for us this year
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Georg! We bought one of those gym mats the other day. It's big enough for both dogs, hopefully he'll sleep on it all night through as it will make it easier on his legs in the morning when he gets up - we have floating wood tile flooring...
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Not sure, but I discovered Florence + The Machine
Compared to this time last year, are you:
17. Thinner or fatter?
About the same
18. Richer or poorer?
I suddenly got about 500 $ poorer a month at the end
19. What do you wish you'd done more of?
hikes in the wood
20. What do you wish you'd done less of?
21. How did you spend Christmas?
At the Inlaws, hubby and I made dinner, everybody helped clean
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I'm not sure it is called falling in love when you've been married over 20 years, but I got confirmations of why I love him many times
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Hubby and I have watched reruns of QI. Otherwise there is Fringe, supernatural and several other series I've watched online
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
As Lorin, I don't hate - lack the energy - I do loath a few about as much as last year
26. What was the best book you read?
Can't really pick out one single book, I've got some favorite authors for 2011: Joe Abercrombie, Brent Weeks, Ruthfos(The Kingkiller Chronicle.), G.R.R. Martin(A Song of Ice and Fire,), Sanderson (The Way of Kings), Mieville (Embassytown)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter DH 2 - Court I totally agree. There are others I liked a lot, like Thor, but HP DH2 got to me the most
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 42 and I spent the day in the hospital wondering if dad would be okay or not from the major stroke
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
That my disablement insurance claim would have gone through
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
*snort* Fashion?!? I've been out of fashion since I got kids and I don't really mind
34. What kept you sane?
my dog(s), books and most of all; you guys!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one in particular, but several half-nom-noms
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Internationally - the messed up middle east crap. Domestically - that they almost turned the awful tragedy at Utøya into a political farce about who suffered the most and thus was allowed to say anything and get crazy-assed racial laws passed =(
37. Who did you miss?
My magic dragon who can take me away from it all and make everything alright
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't think I've met anyone in person that blew me away, but Thank you, Court, for introducing me to The Bloggess
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Don't trust your boss when she/he tells you that they always act in your best interest and would never pull any stunts that would fuck things up for you in the future, they lie!
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Frank Turner - Photosynthesis
Well I guess I should confess that I am starting to get old All the latest music fads all passed me by and left me cold All the kids are talking slang I won't pretend to understand All my friends are getting married, mortgages and pension plans And it's obvious my angry adolescent days are done And I'm happy and I'm settled in the person I've become But that doesn't mean I'm settled up and sitting out the game Time may change a lot but some things may stay the same And I won't sit down And I won't shut up And most of all I will not grow up And I won't sit down And I won't shut up And most of all I yeah I won't grow up